What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

TLG's New Path

It's been a few days since I last posted.  This weekend saw the AAR conference in Montreal and we were hosting a couple of guests since the evening of my last post.  Our guests left yesterday evening and the restricted access to my computer (which is located in my study and serves as a guest bedroom) has been lifted.

:)

One of the things I've briefly saw over at Troll Lord Games was the announcement of the Pathfinder conversion of the older d20 "Book of Familiars" release.  Is this a good thing or a bad thing?  On the whole, it's probably good.  TLG has a wealth of d20 material that isn't been touched right now since the d20 System Trademark License was revoked with the release of 4th Edition.  The original plan was to eventually convert the lot of this d20 material for use with C&C but this process has been rather slow.  The most recent conversion to C&C was the "Heart of Glass".  Work to convert from d20 to Pathfinder material should be very minimal which means TLG could benefit at providing support to the Pathfinder game.  The only worrisome thing here would be the thought of many other companies deciding to do the same.

The last thing we need is a surge of all this Pathfinder material in the way that there was an over abundance of d20 material in the early days of 3rd Edition.  My hope is that there is an effort to convert these d20 titles to C&C as well as Pathfinder.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment