What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Friday, September 14, 2012

Comic Con (Montreal Edition)

If Gencon is the 'mecca' for gamers, the Comic Con is surely the 'mecca' for geekdom.

Today is the start of Montreal Comic Con which, while smaller and not connected to Comic Con International (you know, the *big* one held in San Diego), has exploded since its inception a few years ago. As a convention celebration comic books, graphics novels, great movies and television focusing on the sci-fi, fantasy, and other alternate genres -- it has a unique spin from other similar conventions. It models itself very much on Comic Con international in many ways but because of the cities bi-lingual nature, offers programming in both English & French.

I'm very excited to be going today and, this actually makes it my first. Deluxe Weekend passes and a couple of photo ops have already been paid for along with other ticketed events. This years honored guests are William Shatner and Patrick Stewart but you also have a host of other interesting and fun guests of all sorts including Malcolm McDowell, James Marsters, Wil Wheaton, Brent Spiner, Kevin Sorbo (and the list goes on...).

I've made a point to take a good long look at the schedule to determine what I most want to see and a few secondary choices should scheduling and over capacity end up hindering my weekend. It will be a fun, though perhaps costly, weekend.

If the time permits, I'll post more about some of the interesting things I see or do later. Please note that my Weekend R&R series will be delayed a few days. :)

M

No comments:

Post a Comment