What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Working for the Weekend...

Well, as many no doubt did, this past weekend gave me a chance to spend a bit of quality time with my loving partner. Amidst my cooking and baking (yes... I cook and bake) on Sunday I found myself looking through a few notes for what's coming up this weekend.

Finally... after months of inactivity, my own Castles & Crusades campaign will be underway once again. Last we left the adventurers, they had finally arrived into Freeport. The players wanted a change of pace so I decided to do the new series of adventures planned to be a bit more grounded in urban civilization. Previously, the party had confrtonted the Witch Queen (using the 1E Saga of the Witch Queen compilation from Goodman Games) which entertained us all for many sessions. Before that, there was a whole series of adventures that led the party to the village of Hommlet which I adapted a new material to replace the expansive dungeon crawling evident in the Temple of Elemental Evil series.

Freeport is an interesting choice though. Part of the appeal is to try out and play around with some of the material supplied in the C&C Companion to Freeport put out by Green Ronin as a PDF. The city of Freeport has elements which has a 'Lovecraftian' vibe to it and the party (though small in size) is high enough level to start doing some really interesting things. Of course, one of the party members is an illusionist and I will be revisting the class with the player as we gear up for many more adventures this year.

This week, I will be polishing up the groundwork for the upcoming sessions as well as define a longterm series of plots. Besides this... work continues on the 'Trick on the Tain' and I'm delving more into the continued development of 'Victorious'.

More to come soon...

M

No comments:

Post a Comment