Well, because of the stretch goals, there is at least a bit more bang for your buck.
For the most part, anyone living outside the US would need to shell out a bit more money to make this Kickstarter worthwhile and that's assuming it hits the final stretch goal listed.
For someone in my position (that is to say... not in the US), the best bang for the buck starts at $100 and only because upon reaching $8000, backers at this level get:
- A collector's edition / leather cover copy of the Codex Celtarum ($8000 Stretch)
- A regular hardcover copy of the Codex Celtarum
- A copy of the Castle Keeper's Guide
- An exclusive themed module
- An additional hardcover of your choice ($8000 Stretch)
- Two additional modules / supplements ($6000 Stretch)
- A Tee-Shirt
Of course, shipping to Canada is an additional $24 or a staggering $42 outside North America. However, if you do the math and consider the collector's edition of the book to be worth the same as the regular version, the two copies of the codex and the CKG alone comes to very close to $100 and there is at least another $50 worth of stuff beyond that which means that you are at least offsetting shipping if not coming a bit ahead.
There are still only a couple things to overcome here though.
1) You're spending over $100 to get a reasonable deal.
2) I own most of the TLG line to begin with so do I really want to spend money on material I already own beyond the Codex?
If you were on the fence, and have some extra money to kick around and have a group who is interested or plays C&C, check out the Kickstarter (HERE) and look at some of the other packages starting at the $100 level, it might be a way to outfit a gaming group out.