What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Every Edition Available Again!

At this point, the news that Wizards of the Coast has made available the back catalog of D&D material is not really news anymore.  There have been whispers about it for some time that this was coming and with the various reprints being done and the good hype generally surrounding the newest edition being worked on, this was perhaps inevitable.

However, there was one significant thing I noticed... or rather something I found absent.

PDFs of the older core rulebooks.

Aside from the Moldvay Basic D&D Rulebook, you will not find the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th edition core rulebooks.  No Players Handbook ... No Dungeon Masters Guide ... No Monster Manuals!

They are conveniently available... or at least will be soon.  That is assuming you want to shell out money for the reprints done or being planned.  For myself, I admittedly got the 1st Edition reprints and look forward to the Unearthed Arcana reprint.  I'm not sure about the 2nd Edition ones and I didn't bother with the 3rd Edition ones (3.5 actually) since both are on my shelf.  The 1st Edition ones were on my shelf as well but they are used and have been consulted the longest.

That said, given the fantastic job they have been doing with the reprints, cleaned up PDF versions of the 1st Edition reprints greatly interested me.  However, I suppose this is a compromise I'm willing to put up with if the older editions will continue to remain in print for years to come.

In the meantime, you can check out the site (part of the Drivethru RPG / RPG Now! family) over HERE.  The module, 'In Search of the Unknown' is being offered for free so I would recommend grabbing it and checking out the selection while you are there.


As for the rest of it ... I have been busy the past few days.  More so than anticipated.  Things will hopefully get back to normal soon enough.  Thanks for reading!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment