What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Kickstarter Fullfilments and Wedding Invitations

The past few weeks, a lot more time has been taken away from my typical schedule to do things like writing, painting, and my various other projects. I've been doing wedding invites. I've designed and produced all that I need myself and just bought the necessities for the printing and mailing operations.

I realized it would take some time to do and that it wouldn't be a quick matter of an hour or two of work.  I spent many hours just designing all the components which are being mailed out.  I guess that layout and graphic design software I invested in has once again come in handy.  Of course, with all that work out of the way, actually printing, cutting, folding, and stuffing into envelopes has been taking longer than I thought it would.

While doing all of this, I couldn't help and recall of the various kickstarters I had participated in which had more than their fair share of delays.  There are always reasons ... and limited time and resources make the top of the list of excuses.

Fortunately, I don't have thousands or even hundreds of invitations that needed to go out.

My upcoming wedding is my no means small, but it is still a very modest size.  MOST of the invitations went out in the first 7 days and that consisted about 2/3's.  I still have some left to print/cut/fold/stuff but I'm also still hunting down some mailing addresses.  Meanwhile, I am keeping people in the loop as more invites go out and making sure everything goes out in a very timely manner.

It's kind of funny when you think about it, and this is proving more time consuming than I had originally anticipated.

Unlike those problem Kickstarters, my invitation saga will soon come to an end and the balance of invitations (about 1/4 left) should be all sent before the end of the month.  Replies have already started coming in from the very first ones that have gone out so, at least there's that.

Should be able to get back to a routine just in time for April.  Of course, I expect that this too will be derailed before the end of May.

;)

M

No comments:

Post a Comment