What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Friday, June 22, 2012

Too Damned Hot

What does one do when it's too damn hot and this is compounded by a lot of humidity?  As little as possible.

I'm enjoying a long weekend here in Canada ... since I am a resident of the province of Quebec, the 24th of June is recognized as a National Holiday.  Because it falls on a Sunday but it is considered a statutory holiday, I get Monday off.  And being smarter than the average bear, I made sure I took today off in order to get me a 4 day weekend.

Sadly, it's a lot hotter than I anticipated it to be today which means I'm not doing much work on my computer.  I've got no A/C in the study and, it's a small room with not a lot of air circulation which only gets hotter when the computer is on for an extended period of time.  In short... 'ugh'.

But some stuff is getting done -- I've had to sort through a mess of miniatures and other gaming supplies and, with a tablet I can port with me to the only air conditioned room in the house, I can still blog, keep up to date with what's going on online, and jot down ideas and continue working on stuff in a notebook with a pen.

We should be getting a bit of storm activity between now and the next couple of days which should help to break the heat right now.  In the meantime, I do have  a game to look forward to tonight -- a friend is hosting and running the game and he's got the A/C on full blast.

M

3 comments:

  1. Obviously, you need to move your computer, you hoser, and get some work done on C&C modules, eh?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take off eh!

    ;)

    Hehe... physical setup of the apartment makes that a tad difficult and there isn't money in my budget for another A/C unit for the study.

    Maybe next year though. We do have an A/C unit in the bedroom though it is a bit underpowered for the larger sized room. It probably would do a great job in cooling the study. I started thinking of getting a more powerful A/C unit for the master bedroom around this time *last year*.

    Who knows, maybe the next couple of C&C modules will be in high enough demand that I can take some of the earnings and pay for part of this 'necessary upgrade'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone in Canada actually talk like that? or just in movies? LOL.

    ReplyDelete