What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Monday, June 25, 2012

The Return of the Domesday Book

I spent the majority of the day Saturday working on issue 5 of the Domesday Book and I am happy to say that things are coming along quite nicely.  The Domesday Book is the title given to the periodical that the current Castles & Crusades Society puts out.  Actually it was also the name that the original C&CS gave to their newsletter a few decades ago.  Depending on how my day works out Monday (designated the Statutory holiday for June 24th in Quebec since it fell on a Sunday this year), I hope to have a lot more done.

Actually I would love to see it finished if I can at all help it.  Honestly, I don't expect that to happen but most of the tricky work is done now.  It's the layout and design which can be a bit time consuming when your are doing a particular project for the first time and a good chunk of the first day or work for this was figuring out exactly how I was going to go about it.  Now that most of that stuff is settled, I am free to really just plug in the various accepted submissions.  While I'm not certain if I'll realistically be able to wrap it up tomorrow, I can safely say that it shouldn't take more than a week to get it done and out.

I've also sent a 5-page preview to the this issue's Managing Editor and he basically gave it a thumbs up.  With that in mind, here's a preview of the first page of the Domesday newsletter.


Please note that this isn't exactly final but any additional changes at this point would be very minor.  Of course, the whole point is to get this newsletter going again and get it out regularly.  Ultimately, it *is* a newsletter so the page count is purposely going to be limited (the original intent was 10-12 pages).  Who knows though.  This is a community effort and if we get more contributions, we might be able to do longer editions of the newsletter as things progress.  We already have some material for issue 6 which will be the Fall edition of the Domesday Book.

M

1 comment: