Much like the Giant Tick I did last week, these two small miniatures were relatively simple to complete. Both were primed in my usual fashion: a thin coat of acrylic gesso and paints used were primarily from the Citadel line of paints.
The shells on both models were done in the exact same manner -- a base coat of 'Ceramite White', followed by a wash of 'Seraphim Sepia', and a drybrushing of the 'Praxeti White' dry compound.
The Octopus itself was done in a base coat of 'Screamer Pink'. I used a wash of 'Nuln Oil' for the shading and followed up with some drybrushing. Using the 'Lucius Lilac' Dry compound to start, I applied another layer of the 'Changeling Pink' dry compound as well. I wanted pools of 'black' for the eyes so I opted for another store brand black paint that has a glossy finish as opposed to a matte one.
The other creature actually had more paint to content with. I had to do the ground, rock, as well as the creature. The ground received a base coat of 'Death World Forest', a wash of 'Agrax Earthshade', and I used the 'Tyrant Skull' dry compound for my drybrushing. The rock was done in a base of 'Celestra Grey', a wash of 'Agrax Earthshade', and I used 'Praxeti White' dry compound for the drybrushing. The creature itself was done in 'Stegadron Scale Green', a wash of 'Nuln Oil', and I drybushed both 'Hellion Green' and 'Skink Blue' dry compounds on it.
Really, that was it. I like how both turned out. I think the shells look great and the octopus is just awesome. It just goes to show that a minimal amount of work can get you some great results to look great on the table top.